Sunday, February 7, 2010

I'm a Scrappy Crafter, which is better than a Crappy Scrafter.

I am aware of my thrifty ways.  When crafting, I like to use what I have or find what I need in the discount bin.  I just love that challenge.  The materials I chose to use for Elvis's Valentines are just that, what we had and what I bought at Big Lots, just because I knew some day I would use it.  Elvis is still young enough to let me be in charge of his Valentines.  I love that.  The control is exhilarating!  Next year, it's all him.

I love using scraps.  I've mentioned it before.  The scraps inspire me.  Here's what we started with. Scrap packs of paper, I only use the colors I have, it's part of the challenge.  Foam pieces which are quite fun.  Not only do they add dimension but they can be whatever you want them to be.

Next,  a little robot drawing, easily copied on the good ol' printer.
Coloring each was therapeutic for me.  I love to color.


The robot is coming together, now what would a robot say on a Valentine?  Sadly, I spent way to much time trying to figure this out.  Finally I settled on text speak.  It's what all the kids are doing today.


Clever?  Probably not but I'm pleased with the message.  Elvis has 9 Boys (oh yes I said 9 boys, his teacher is a Saint!) in his class.  These needed to be boyish.   If you need other great boy ideas, follow that link.  We are leaving the lovey-dovey stuff to Q.  Or as we are referring to him lately, "Romeo."



A shout out to Urban Craft for the heart in cartoon-speech balloon.  It just worked perfectly.  So one child is ready for Valentine's Day.  Q has some work to do including a Valentine mailbox, we have a good idea.  I'll share it tomorrow.  

In the meantime, robot love is quite nice.  I'm feeling it.




Add "Robot Love sung by Allison Iraheta" to My Life Soundtrack.

1 comment:

  1. oh my. i have to go take pictures of our valentines. oh my you will be so happy and proud of yourself when you have something to compare to... oh my...

    ReplyDelete


Thanks Carol@ Songberries