Sunday, January 3, 2010

Live a Simple Life in a Quiet Town

I read a great blog. It's on my blog roll. Creative Little Daisy. It's charming. While reading her last post, I was compelled to follow along. Find one word to work with as your New Year's Resolution. The lists. They're too much. You can't keep up with them. But one word. Can't we all try to make one word work for us daily. I think I can. I'm going to try. Here's my word.

stead·y (std)

adj. stead·i·er, stead·i·est
1. Firm in position or place; fixed.
2. Direct and unfaltering; sure.
3. Free or almost free from change, variation, or fluctuation; uniform: a steady increase in value; a steady breeze.
4. Not easily excited or upset: steady nerves.
5. Unwavering, as in purpose; steadfast.
6. Reliable; dependable.
7. Temperate; sober.
tr. & intr.v. stead·ied, stead·y·ing, stead·ies
To make or become steady.
interj. Nautical
Used to direct a helmsman to keep a ship's head in the same direction: Steady as she goes!
n. pl. stead·ies
The person whom one dates regularly, usually exclusively.

steadi·er n.
steadi·ly adv.
steadi·ness n.

There are so many things that need to be steady in this girl's life. I'm going to try out this word for a month or so. See how it works for me. Steady in emotion. Steady in spending. Steady in judgement. Steady in reaction. Just steady. I think it will work. It is definitely attainable. One day at a time.

Tomorrow means back to the real world. 2 of 3 don't feel great. Mr. Handsome is dreading the alarm. I am dreading the lunch boxes. Steady the course. Steady.

Good luck tomorrow. It will be fine.

1 comment:

  1. Jen,
    Your comments on MADE always make me laugh and I always want to respond to you but your email address isn't linked to your blog. So maybe you can email it to me?! :)
    Thanks!
    - dana
    danawillard@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete


Thanks Carol@ Songberries