Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Here he is. All 9 years of him. And, on Thanksgiving of all days. Well, because of him, I am inspired. I am so thankful. I am so thankful for so many things. I'm lucky. I've got it good. So here it is. The 9 most amazing things about Q.
1. He is the most polite 9 year old I know. "How are you Q?" His response? "I'm fine thank you, how are you?" My response? Oh, I love that boy!
2. He is FUNNY! I've said it before and I'll say it again. I dig funny. But this boy is FUNNY. Like smart funny, like where did that come from funny?!
3. Can I talk to you about his smarts? He's a smart one that 9 year old of ours. Smarter than he knows, smarter than I know. Change the world smart. Run circles around your mother smart.
4. He can throw a football far and fast and straight. And, he loves to play catch with his Mom. I'm good and he knows it. I LOVE THAT.
5. Q is the best brother a sister or a brother could have. He's lucky to be in the middle because he gets to be both a little brother and a big brother and he rocks at both.
6. He wants to be a roller coaster designer. He knows what he wants to be. He will be what he wants to be. It's just obvious. There is no question. It's amazing.
7. He gets people. It hurts sometimes but he gets them. He cares a lot. He understands that some people just need a little extra time and attention. He will be a great man.
8. He is passionate about Mario. Like crazy for, in love with, wishes he was Mario. I've been known to ask "You understand Mario isn't real, right?" He knows. He wishes he was. He's good at all things Mario. I mean scary good.
9. He makes me (us) proud every single day. Seriously, every single day. He is amazing, fantastic and super loved. We are so lucky to have him. I can't wait for the next 9 years.
Mom and Dad