Sunday, November 22, 2009

"Mom, you need to stop looking down so much."

You know, Ladycakes is right. But if I hadn't been looking down, I wouldn't be six cents richer. Why is it so satisfying to find a nickel and a penny in the grocery store parking lot? I wish I had started keeping track of how much money I have found in my lifetime. Every little penny, nickel and dime...you know they really add up. Maybe I'll try to start a list for each of my kids. It would be a fun experiment. Speaking of found money, have you ever been to www.wheresgeorge.com? It's a place where you can track money and see how far it's traveled.

Ladycakes received a one dollar bill at her last craft show with the website scribbled on it. We decided to look it up and found that the dollar had traveled all the way from New Jersey, over 1,900 miles. Now we can watch that little dollar and see where it ends up. You know because I don't have enough to keep track of!

And to help Ladycakes, Q and Elvis have a better understanding of money and since it is that season, we are reading a wonderful book. It is called The Ultimate Gift by Jim Stovall. We just started it but we're hooked. One of my book club moms suggested we do a mom and kid book this month and I am loving this idea. I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Thanks Carol@ Songberries