Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Did that lady just call me Grandma?

Oh NO she didn't! Oh YES she did! Now mind you, I've been dealing with 2 weeks worth of sick children. At least 10 nights of interrupted sleep, meaning a body other than Mr. Handsome's is lying next to me in my very comfy bed. And, a lack of any sort of make-up application today. Which isn't that unusual. It's kind of how I roll. This is how it went down folks. Careful, it's not pretty.

One of the ladies who works at Elvis' preschool asked if I was there to pick up a different child.

lady: "Are you here for Lucy?"
me: "Nope, I'm here for Elvis."
lady: "Oh, my mistake, Lucy looks just like you, with big brown eyes and a round face."
(That's a whole other slap in my big, round, chinless face!)
me: "Which one is Lucy?"
lady, pointing to a darling little girl, who's maybe 2: "She's this one."
me: "She is a cutie, that's for sure."
lady: "Yes, can't you see why I thought you must be Lucy's grandma."
me: "WTF!"

Okay I didn't get into expletives right there at the preschool. I also didn't start to cry. However, I am rethinking the "oh so stylish" salt and pepper hair I've got going. Obviously, the lack of make-up may need to be re-thought as well. But really "Grandma?" Holy cow. Needless to say, this Grandma decided to come home and pour herself a big fat Grandma cocktail. What do old ladies drink, bartender? Well, make mine a double!

2 comments:

  1. dear my very gorgeous (with a lovely chin) friend... You are one HOT MAMA.., Repeat... You are one hot mama... .., Repeat... You are one hot mama... .., Repeat... You are one hot mama... .., Repeat... You are one hot mama... .., Repeat... You are one hot mama... Crazy preschool lady. I think your hair is lovely and perfectly stylish.

    ReplyDelete


Thanks Carol@ Songberries